Home
Collections
Build Your Own
Catalog
How To Videos
Quick Reference
View Order Pad

About Us
Contact Us
FAQ
Linux News
Link To Us


 
 
Acceptance Mark





 

Mepis 6.0 (simply) (i386)

Add to your custom collection:
Catalog#: 52360
Platform: i386
CD's: 1
Price: US $2.99

Simply Mepis is a linux distribution that was made for easy installation and operation for beginners and the more experienced. simplyMEPIS offers a great operating system for those who are thinking of moving over to the linux world. The installation cd lets you verify all your hardware compatability before installing and lets you take a test run of some applications before installing it on your hard drive. And the install cd also lets you use it as a repair cd for MEPIS, and also for for computers running on windows.
Simply Mepis version 6.0 includes:
Hundreds of bug and security fixes.
The biggest change is that now approximately 75% of the packages in SimplyMEPIS are Ubuntu-maintained. Most of the other 25% of packages are Debian-maintained. The remaining packages MEPIS uses are MEPIS maintained, which gives you "The Magic of MEPIS"TM. Most users will not notice the changes because the unique details that make MEPIS what it is are still there. We still use our own custom installer, and things are tweaked as they have always been, so that, on most machines, MEPIS "just works." Now it just works a little better, and runs a little smoother.
On the software side, Simply 6.0 uses KDE 3.5.3 for its desktop environment. Updated versions of Firefox, Thunderbird, and OpenOffice are all included. The MEPIS Desktop OnTheGo feature is still included, but the OnTheGo icon has been removed from the login screen.


To find more information on this distribution please visit
http://www.mepis.org/
For the source go to:
http://www.mepis.org/node/1462

To view all product options click here